Manor house

Klenova Castle and Manor house

Klenová Castle and Chateau with nearby Manor House is located on a hill of the same name west of the town of Klatovy, in the Pilsen Region.  The first mention of the castle dates from 1287; at that time the castle guarded the trade route from Železná Ruda to Bavaria. The Lords of Klenová come from the castle. The palace was built in the 14th and 15th centuries, however since 17th century it is dilapidated.

Klenova Castle and Manor house

Klenová Castle and Chateau are located on a hill of the same name west of the town of Klatovy, in the Pilsen Region.  The first mention of the castle dates from 1287; at that time the castle guarded the trade route facing Železná Ruda to Bavaria. The Lords of Klenová come from the castle. The palace was built in the 14th and 15th centuries, however, since 17th century it is dilapidated.